The little European country is renowned as the country of fire and ice. It is situated between the mainland of Europe and Greenland. The capital city is Reykjavik.
Iceland is taken as the destination for lovebirds; there is folklore in Iceland, “if you have initiated your love in Paris then come Iceland to put the fire in it’. Home to numerous active volcanoes which have shiny ice caps; Iceland is inhabited by almost 0.3 million people who are spread around the coastal and urban areas of the country.
Iceland is a natural bequest as it has received a uniquely diversified geology. Its icecaps are the largest after Antarctica and Greenland and it is replete with hot water geysers, which offers panoramic view. Tour to Iceland is quite haute among young exhilarators nowadays. Comprised of fire and snow, the geologically young country calls you to enjoy the perfect blend of natural contrast.
It is considered as a paradise for hikers. National Parks and Conservation Areas around Iceland are quite appealing. Summers are supposed to best to spend holidays in Iceland. A holiday in Iceland can tempt you with numerous activities including Horse riding, fishing, sea-angling, water-rafting, kayaking, canoeing, snowmobile ride and many more.
A vacation in Iceland promises spectacular sightseeing, fascinating tours and unparalleled ambiance. Iceland is popular year-round but the tour season is primed in the summer from the beginning of June until the end of August. This is when tourists can get to the highlands where the vistas and landscape are truly spectacular. Traffic to the highlands declines noticeably by September but most tourist attractions are open and busy. Visitors will be surprised at what a great travel location Iceland is. The country is reaching out to tourist and vacation trade and is extending great hospitality to travelers.
- Seeing is believing! 603 miles from Norway, Iceland’s topography and jagged coastline is truly spectacular. With a clear, buoyant environment, every day will reveal stunning landscapes and natural and man-made wonders that do not exist any other place.
- A trip around the circumference of Iceland includes an unforgettable 831-mile trip on the Ring Road. You will see the crystal clear lakes, black sand beaches, incredible cliffs, glaciers, innumerable waterfalls, volcanoes and Geyser, the most spectacular spouting spring in Europe.
- Iceland is a lifestyle and culture that is totally unique and prides itself on its quirkiness. There is no word for please in native language. In a recent survey, 20 percent of the population said they still believed in elves. This may be the only place on earth that has modern-day conveniences in a society that is both charming and ruggedly sophisticated.
- While the social activities may be unsophisticated, the cuisine is unparalleled. Seafood dishes are fresh and exotic. Regular seafood dishes include Asian crab legs, cod, sushi, lobster and “Plokkfiskur” and rarities such as whale, puffin or foal. Popular red meat delicacies include free range lamb and the lamb hot dog, the most popular meal on the island.
- You are always safe in Iceland. You cannot help but notice how cars are left with keys in the ignition, where baby carriages rest outside restaurants day and night. Even the occasional petty crime is rare and is usually the result of celebrating a little too vigorously. Iceland respects its guests and does everything to please them.
- Duty-free shopping. Iceland features great tariff-free shops of all homemade goods as well as international designer goods. The brave and striking structural designs appeal to the more formal evening hours where gusts and natives dress up in the evening.